Dasharath temple

Dasharath temple

The Dasharath Maharaja’s marble statue and a metal statue of Ram and Sita are worshiped in this Dasharath temple. It is believed that the statue of Maharaj Dasharath was brought from Jayapur (India), a statue of Ram and Sita from Ayodhya. The temple was founded by Banawari Das around BS. 1958. Bananvari Das baba was a scholar of the then monk/saint society. This temple is located in the northwest of Maharaj Sagar (Dasarath Lake) at Janakpurdham Sub-metropolitan city Ward no – 3. The Vivaha Panchami and Jestha Shukla Dashami celebration is a special attraction. On the day

of the Jestha Shukla Dashami, Ram Dola is taken to Maharaj Dasharath temple for Tika/blessing and after spending some time in Ranga Bhumi back to Ram Mandir.